Inquiry Into Cannabis Regulation
Written by enadmin7 on June 9, 2019
On Wednesday the 29th of May 2019, the Victorian Upper House passed a motion put forward by Fiona Patten MLC for the Legal and Social Affairs Committee to inquire into the use of cannabis in Victoria.
Submissions to the inquiry will be accepted soon and members of the public, especially those who consume cannabis are encouraged to make a short (1 page) submission to the inquiry.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
That this house, requires the Legal and Social Issues Committee to inquire into, consider and report, by no later than 2 March 2020, into the best means to —
– Prevent young people and children from accessing and using cannabis in Victoria;
– Protect public health and public safety in relation to the use of cannabis in Victoria;
– Implement health education campaigns and programs to ensure children and young people are aware of the dangers of drug use, in particular, cannabis use;
– Prevent criminal activity relating to the illegal cannabis trade in Victoria;
– Assess the health, mental health, and social impacts of cannabis use on people who use cannabis, their families and carers;
And further requires the Committee to assess models from international jurisdictions that have been successful in achieving these outcomes and consider how they may be adapted for Victoria.
INQUIRY INTO THE USE OF CANNABIS IN VICTORIA – Terms of Reference
Nimbin Mardi Grass 2019 Hemposium – Fiona Patten, Reason MLC Victoria, Australia
INQUIRY INTO DRUG LAW REFORM
Recommendation 23: The proposed Advisory Council on Drugs Policy investigate international developments in the regulated supply of cannabis for adult use, and advise the Victorian Government on policy outcomes in areas such as prevalence rates, public safety, and reducing the scale and scope of the illicit drug market.Inquiry into Drug Law Reform – Report, VIC Parliament tabled March 2018
More Cannabis Posts:
- Inquiry Into Cannabis Regulation - On Wednesday the 29th of May 2019, the Victorian Upper House passed a motion put forward by Fiona Patten MLC for the Legal and Social Affairs Committee to inquire into the use of cannabis in Victoria. Submissions to the inquiry will be accepted soon and members of the public, especially those who consume cannabis are […]
- Fiona Patten MLC MEDIA STATEMENT: Road laws for medicinal cannabis - https://fionapatten.com.au/news/media-statement-road-laws-medicinal-cannabis/ Thursday, 21 March 201 Reason Leader and Member for Northern Metropolitan Region, Fiona Patten, today took the first step to amend our road laws, so that medicinal cannabis is treated the same as every other prescription medication. Ms Patten today sought to amend the Transport Legislation Amendment (Better Roads Victoria and Other Amendments) Bill 2018, to […]
- Nimbin Mardi Grass 2019 – Drug Enforcement - BRIEF HISTORY Nimbin’s Mardi Grass has been running since 1993, as an annual protest-festival or ‘protestival’, calling for changes in Australia law’s prohibition of cannabis. Nimbin itself has long been known as a counter-culture capital in the north of New South Wales, with many people moving from more suburban and urban areas during the early […]