EP178 – David Shoebridge & Bohemian Beatfreaks
LIVE SUNDAY 2 - 3PM
Nick Wallis and Ash Blackwell discuss the week in news following the Victorian state election, as votes are still being counted.
NSW Greens MP David Shoebridge joins the program to discuss the on-going battle for pill testing in NSW as the festival season ramps up.
Erik Lamir-Pike, director of the Bohemian Beatfreaks festival and Rabbits Eat Lettuce festival in NSW joins the program to talk about the dramatic and unprecedented rise in user-pays policing fee put on them just weeks out from their festival, leading to a last minute location change across the NSW border into Queensland.
- Can Bohemian Beatfreaks beat the ban? (The Music Network)
- NSW Police Are Being Accused Of Pricing Out A Music Festival With A Mandatory $200K Fee (Junkee)
- Police block ‘unsafe’ music festival (Northern Star)
- NSW Police unfairly target boutique music festival (Stoney Roads)
- Bohemian Beatfreaks to go on but not as planned (Echonet Daily)